Thepointout.com values the trust placed in us by our users and therefore, we follow the highest standards of privacy guidelines to protect the information shared by you with us.
This policy tells you how FOURTH VOICE MEDIA NETWORK PRIVATE LTD collects information from you, how we protect it and how we use it, and share all personal information which you provide when you use or browse https://thepointout.com/.
By using thepointout.com (for example, when you register for an account, purchase a service, enter a contest or promotions, communicate with us, on our sites or applications), you agree to provide consent to our collection, use and sharing of your personal information as described in this policy. In some cases, particularly if you reside in a country governed by a data protection regulation, we may ask you to provide explicit consent to access our services before proceeding for further operations.
‘Personal Information’ or ‘PII’ is defined as any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) to a particular individual or natural person, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, and mobile number indicating to that particular person or is identifiable. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with personal information, the resulting information also is treated as personal information.
We may ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the thepointout.com and without this information we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services;
• First and Last Name
• Email id
• Primary Phone No.
• City & State
Some Information are collected automatically, information about you and your use of our service, your interactions with us and our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service. The information includes:
• Your interactions with our email, customer care and messaging platform.
• Geo-location information like IP addresses,
Some Information are collected through third parties, if you link, connect or login through the thepointout.com account with a third party service i.e. Google, Facebook and Twitter they may send us information such as your registration and profile information from the service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Thepointout.com will NOT disclose personally identifiable information, if any about you to third parties except in the following situations:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to share the information with certain service partners in order to respond and resolve your service issues. (Unless we tell you differently, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comments or to resolve the service issues.);
- We respond to requests from any Indian or foreign government, security, defence, revenue, regulatory or other authority, agency or officer;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal proceedings;
- When required by law that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights of the property thepointout.com
- When applicable law or regulation requires disclosure of information to protect the safety or security of users of our Website;
- We find that your actions on our web Website violate the thepointout.com Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services
- We may need to share details with third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain advice. Any such processing will be governed by an agreement in the form required by law, preserving any statutory data protection rights.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-party services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please provide explicit consent for the same when we collect your data and/or adjust your user preferences in your account profile concerning your choices/preferences provided.
Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your personal information. In accordance with applicable law, your controls and choices may include:
- Managing Your Information
You can access and update some of your personal information through your account settings. If you have chosen to connect your thepointout.com account to a third-party application, like Facebook, Google or Twitter, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your account settings. You are responsible for keeping your personal information up-to-date. The thepointout.com will send you periodic reminders via e-mail to maintain the accuracy of your personal information.
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information
You can ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (this is the information which you cannot update yourself within your thepointout.com account by sending us an e-mail
- Data Retention and Erasure
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information then you can request that we erase your personal information and close your thepointout.com account. Please note that if your request for the erasure of your personal information;
– We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a thepointout.com account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
– We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
-Because we maintain copies of thepointout.com to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
- Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing
For withdrawing your consent at any time during the tenure of your services with us, you may choose to do so by sending us an e-mail. We shall review your request and may ask you to verify your identity. Post verification we will withdraw the consent for which request was made by you and stop any further processing of your personal information
- Objection to Processing
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to us.
You can write to our data protection officer in case of any grievance or compliant. You have the right to complain about the data processing activities carried out by thepointout.com before the competent data protection authorities.
Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain experiences, products, and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If collection of personal information is mandatory, we will make that clear at the point of collection so that you can make an informed decision whether to participate. If you have questions about the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, and your rights regarding that personal information, please contact our customer support team
We take various precautions to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access and will store your personal information for so long as it is necessary to provide you our services or for archive purposes.
Notification of change